Position Classification: Full Time Salary
Position Reports to: Director of Sales
Position Summary: The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to the following:
The incumbent will play an integral role in the success of the Sales team. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
Promoting/selling/securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
Must demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs. Must Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for Walter F Morris’ products/services.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers. Up-sell and sell additional products/services to existing clients.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Generate training events in collaboration with distribution and Industry Organizations to promote Product name brand loyalty.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, inside sales, customer service, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services. Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using Telenotes tool daily.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Participate in social media posts through our Marketing Department.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations and reports in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attend trade organization meetings in region and participate in events and trade shows monthly.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ year’s sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal with the ability to persuade others, listening, and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with and work well with others in order to manage projects, meetings, meet client needs, etc.
- Embodies strong traits such as decision-making, problem solving and possessing good judgment.
- Ability to project a calm and professional demeanor regardless of the type of environment or type of clientele.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a high consideration to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Driven and highly self-motivated.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Strong industry knowledge preferred.
- Adept at time management and able to work with finite deadlines.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a group environment.
- Trustworthy, honest, respectful, and flexible.
- Must be able to be entrusted with confidential information.
- Proficient computer skills working with various office equipment, computers and various programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. and the ability to effectively work on spreadsheets, word processing, networking, and e-mail programs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Employee will be required to work a minimum of forty (40) hours of per week or as many hours as it may take to perform above job duties. Schedule may vary based on business demands and will require a combination of road sales as well as work performed after hours and/or weekends.